Triumph 15001970 - 1976
The Triumph 1500 was a small (initially) front-wheel drive automobile produced by Standard-Triumph from 1970 to 1976.
Whilst retaining the front-wheel drive of the Triumph 1300, the body featured a restyled nose, a lengthened tail, twin headlights, horizontally mounted rear light clusters and a larger boot. The interior was also restyled featuring a new design of dashboard and door cards but retaining the wooden door cappings. The engine size was increased to 1493 cc with a single SU carburettor and had a power output of 61 bhp (45 kW; 62 PS). The suspension used coil springs all round and was independent at the front, incorporating a dead-beam rear axle at the back, which represented something of a technological retreat from the all-independent suspension offered by the 1300. In 1972 the power output was increased to 65 bhp (48 kW; 66 PS) with an uprated carburettor and inlet manifold. These later cars also had a silver nose badge. Earlier cars had a black nose badge.
The car was capable of reaching a top speed of 87 mph (140 km/h) and could accelerate from 0–60 mph in 16.5 seconds.
|1973 - 1976|
|1280 x 710 ... 135 KB|